Overview: Smart Screen Off PRO it’s a simple and light app which uses the Proximity Sensor built in your Android smartphone to turn the screen off and on automatically.
Requirements: Android OS 2.1 and up
Market Update Released: September 27, 2012
IMPORTANT: download and test LITE version, and make sure it works BEFORE buying this PRO version.
THE APP DOESN’T LOCK YOUR PHONE, NO SECURITY! Don’t download if you want security on!!!!
(Light sensor combo works great with recent smartphones like Galaxy Nexus; Light sensor combo could not work good with old smartphone, because the built in sensor is of poor quality).
If you use TIMER DELAY + LIGHT SENSOR: Timer delay will start every times the proximity sensor is covered, but it will turn off screen only when is reached the “minimum + sensitivity” of light condition you set in the settings.
- If you use Task Killers or Memory Cleaner, remember to add Smart Screen Off to exceptions!
Smart Screen Off PRO FEATURES
At the moment the PRO version includes these features:
- Start on Boot
- Disable when in LandScape mode
- Vibrate when screen is turned OFF
- Vibrate when screen is turned ON
- Hide Icon
- Hide Notification Messages
- Enable/Disable on shake
- Don’t screen on after screen Off
- Configurable light sensor combo
- Configurable Timer Delay
- Display clock when screen is turned ON
- Available in several languages
- Set ring to vibrate mode when proximity sensor is covered
- Tell me your suggestion !
HOW IT WORKS
The app itself is a toggle button, to switch it on just press the App Icon. Then every time you put the phone into your pockets the screen turns off.
If you put the smartphone upside down on the table, the screen turns automatically off.
NOTE: It doesn’t lock the screen (just like in a call)
What’s New in Smart Screen Off PRO version 2.2:
- No longer vibrates during a call (enabled by default)
Download Smart Screen Off PRO 2.2 (Android)