Overview: Want to feel what gestures can do? Here’s an application which will let you turn off/on your screen just with a swipe!!
Requirements: Android OS 2.2 and up
Market Update Released: September 21, 2012
Screen On/Off Using gestures:
☀ Flip cover mode
☀ Swipe Mode
☀ Cover & Hold
Swipe your hand over the proximity sensor (Located near the earpiece on top of the phone).
☀ Pocket/Flip or Smart Cover Mode: Turns screen OFF when sensor covered and ON when uncovered. (Feature requested by Galaxy Note users)
☀ Swipe to Screen Off: Turn OFF the screen by sliding your hand
☀ Cover to Screen Off: Turn OFF the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Cover and Hold)
☀ Cover to Screen On: Turn ON the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Cover and Hold) – Note: This can cause Battery Drain
☀ Ignore Apps list: Add the apps/games where you want to disable the service
☀ Widget: to start and stop the service
☀ ScreenOff shortcut: to turn off the screen by launching the app.
☀ Sensor Configuration : Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that’s available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
☀ Enable screen on/off during calls only
☀ Disable call handling completely
☀ Battery Saving options:
☀ Option to De-Activate sensors after timeout
☀ Option to De-Activate sensors if power button is pressed or phone goes idle
☀ Override power button and screen-on by other apps (Phone is in pocket and you get a call or you accidentally press the power button, screen will remain off)
☀ Prevent accidental screen on
☀ Disable accidental lock – in Swipe to Screen Off mode if the sensor is covered for longer than specified duration screen wont turn off
☀ Vibration on screen On/Off
1) If app does not work with flip cover but works with hand, then try pasting a white piece of paper on the cover where the sensor is located, that will help the detection.
2) Removing/Uninstalling the app
- Launch ProximityScreenOff Pro and click Uninstall button
- System Settings , “Locations & Security” or just “Security” , Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App
3) App needs Device Administrator privilege to lock the screen, If you have any questions on permissions used by the app, please send me an email and i will explain you the reason app needs them.
3) To enable lock screen – Use option “Locks phone on screenOn” under “All settings”
Galaxy Note, S2, S3, Tab, Htc OneX, HD2, Desire HD, Google Nexus,
Motorolla Xoom(Light Sensor), DROID Incredible
Cover, Smart Cover, Screen, Switch, toggle, tap, power, battery, gesture, lock, smartlock, smart screen off, screen off, screen on, power saver, Galaxy Note, wave
What’s New in Proximity Screen Off Pro version 5.0:
☀ Added new gestures to turn On/Off screen: Swipe Once, Swipe Twice, Swipe and Hold, Hold and Swipe and Cover and Hold
Download Proximity Screen Off Pro 5.0 (Android)